Chocolate Sugar Spritz the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Chocolate Sugar Spritz
Makes 4 to 5 dozen cookies
|2||squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped|
|2-1/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||cup (2 sticks) butter, softened|
|3/4||cup granulated sugar|
|1||teaspoon almond extract|
|1/2||cup powdered sugar|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt chocolate in small, heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Combine flour and salt in small bowl; stir to combine.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and almond extract. Beat in chocolate. Gradually add flour mixture with mixing spoon. (Dough will be stiff.)
- Fit cookie press with desired plate (or change plates for different shapes after first batch). Fill press with dough; press dough 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 7 minutes or until just set. Combine powdered sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Transfer to fine-mesh seive and sprinkle over hot cookies while they are still on cookie sheets. Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature. These cookies do not freeze well.
Check out more recipes for Cookies