Chocolate Zucchini Snack Cake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Chocolate Zucchini Snack Cake
Makes one 13 X 9-inch cake
|2-1/2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1/3||cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2||cup (1 stick) butter, softened|
|1/2||cup vegetable oil|
|2||cups shredded zucchini|
|3/4||cup chopped pecans|
|1||cup semisweet chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 13X9-inch baking pan. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat sugar, butter and oil in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool on wire rack. Cut into squares.
Check out more recipes for Cakes