Plucked from your garden or your local grocer, the fresh veggies and herbs in this Chop Salad are sure to please.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
|1||cup cherry tomatoes, halved|
|2||carrots, sliced on a bias about 1/4-inch thick|
|1||small sweet potato, peeled and finely diced|
|1||cup broccoli, florets|
|1||cup cauliflower florets|
|1||bulb baby fennel|
|1||Naval orange, sectioned|
|1||cup pea sprouts|
|1 1/2||cup Champagne Vinaigrette|
|6||sprigs fresh chervil|
- Fill a large pot with water along with a generous pinch of salt. Cover, and bring to a gentle boil over moderate heat.
- Blanch the cauliflower, broccoli carrots, sweet potatoes separately and in that order, until each vegetable is just soft – al dente. Use tongs or a strainer to transfer the vegetables to a large bowl filled with ice water. Cool quickly, remove from the water and dry with paper towels.
- Thinly slice the fennel and radishes on a mandoline slicer or with a sharp knife.
- Toss the blanched vegetables, tomatoes, fennel, and radishes separately in the champagne vinaigrette and then arrange on each the plate.
- Evenly divide the grapefruit sections, orange sections and cucumber balls between the plates.
- Toss the pea sprouts in the vinaigrette and garnish along with the dill and chervil each salad.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave the Ricotta Salata over the salad and serve.
Check out more recipes for Salads