Cinnamon Nut Chocolate Spirals the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Cinnamon Nut Chocolate Spirals
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
|1-1/2||cups all-purpose flour|
|3/4||cup sugar, divided|
|1/3||cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, softened and divided|
|1||cup mini semisweet chocolate chips|
|1||cup very finely chopped walnuts|
|2||teaspoons ground cinnamon|
- Combine flour and salt in small bowl; set aside. Beat 1/2 cup sugar and 1/3 cup butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended. Dough will be stiff. (If necessary, knead dough by hand until it holds together.)
- Roll out dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper into 12X10-inch rectangle. Remove waxed paper from top of rectangle.
- Combine chocolate chips, walnuts, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter; stir into chocolate chip mixture. (Chips will partially melt.) Spread mixture evenly over dough leaving 1/2-inch border on long edges.
- Using bottom sheet of waxed paper as guide and starting at long side, tightly roll up dough jelly-roll style, removing waxed paper as you roll. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Unwrap dough. Cut log into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 14 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Check out more recipes for Ginger & Spice