Cinnamon-Raisin-Banana Bread Pudding the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Cinnamon-Raisin-Banana Bread Pudding
Makes 2 to 3 servings
|2||tablespoons light brown sugar|
|1||tablespoon half-and-half or undiluated evaporated milk|
|1||tablespoon lemon juice|
|3||slices cinnamon-raisin bread|
|1||sheet (18X12 inches) heavy-duty foil, generously sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
|2||teaspoons butter, softened and divided|
|2||tablespoons reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese, divided|
|Vanilla ice cream (optional)|
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350°F.
- Mix together egg, brown sugar, half-and-half, cinnamon and vanilla in small bowl. Set aside.
- Peel and chop banana; place in small bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice and set aside.
- Butter one side of one slice of bread with 1 teaspoon butter. Lay bread, buttered side down, on foil. Spread bread slice with 1 tablespoon cream cheese. Fold foil edges up to form close-fitting container around bread.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons egg mixture onto bread slice. Arange half the bannana cubes on bread. Sprinkle with half the raisins. Spread remaining 1 tablespoon cream cheese on one side of one piece of bread. Place bread slice on bananas, cream cheese side down. Spoon 2 tablespoons egg mixture over bread slice. Top with remaining banana and raisins. Spread remaining 1 teaspoon butter on one side of remaining bread slice. Cut bread slice into cubes. Place bread cubes on banana. Drizzle remaining egg mixture over bread cubes. Do not seal foil container.
- Place foil container on baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes or until pudding is set and top is golden brown and crusty. Remove from oven. Transfer bread pudding to serving plates. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Custards & Puddings