Cinnamon Swirls the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 2 dozen cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|1/2||cup packed light brown sugar|
|2||teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1||cup powdered sugar|
|2||to 3 tablespoons milk|
|1/2||cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)|
- Remove dough from wrapper; divide dough in half. Wrap 1 dough half in plastic wrap; refrigerate. Place remaining dough half in medium bowl; let stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon to dough in bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate until needed.
- Roll plain dough on lightly floured surface to form 8-inch square. Repeat with cinnamon dough; place cinnamon dough on top of plain dough. Roll up doughs into 10-inch log. Wrap log in plastic wrap; freeze at least 1 hour before slicing.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets. Cut dough log into 3/8-inch slices; place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- For icing, mix powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons milk in small bowl until smooth; add additional milk to reach drizzling consistency if necessary. Drizzle icing over cooled cookies; sprinkle with nuts, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Cookies