Try this great recipe from the football fans and players on TLC's Kick Off Cook Off.
See more recipes from TLC's KICK OFF COOK OFF, a new cooking competition that slams together America's two favorite pastimes: football and cooking!
|1 1/2||cups ketchup|
|1||cup strong black coffee|
|1/4||cup apple cider vinegar|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1/2||teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|2||tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1||bottle Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce|
|1||can of beer|
- Remove the giblets from the body cavity of the chicken.
- Pop open the beer can and place the chicken over the beer can so it fits over the cavity. Cut a few more holes in the can as well.
- Brush lemon juice and herbs of choice on the outside of the chicken.
- Stand the chicken up in the center on the grill (over the drip pan and away from the heat). Cover and grill the chicken until the skin is golden brown and crisp and the meat is cooked. (180 degrees F in the thickest part of the thigh.)
- The chicken will be served lightly covered with homemade BBQ sauce.
Check out more recipes for Chicken & Other Poultry