Classic Chicken Piccata
Makes 4 servings
|4||boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|1/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2||cup plain dry bread crumbs|
|1||teaspoon dried parsley flakes|
|1/4||teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|3||tablespoons olive oil|
|1/3||cup dry white wine|
|1/4||cup fresh lemon juice|
|Lemon slices for garnish (optional)|
- Place chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Place flour on small plate. Place egg in shallow bowl. Combine bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper on another small plate.
- Coat each breast in flour, then in egg. Coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes. Turn; reduce heat to medium. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Transfer chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
- Add wine and lemon juice to skillet; cook and stir over high heat 2 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Italian