Classic Pesto with Linguine
Makes 4 servings (about 3/4 cup pesto sauce)
|12||ounces uncooked linguine|
|1/4||cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided|
|2||tablespoons pine nuts|
|1||cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves|
|1/4||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1-1/2||tablespoons grated Romano cheese|
|Additional fresh basil leaves (optional)|
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Toss with butter in large serving bowl; set aside and keep warm.
- Meanhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in small saucepan or skillet over medium-low heat. Add pine nuts; cook and stir 30 to 45 seconds until light brown, shaking pan constantly. Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Place toasted pine nuts, basil leaves, garlic and salt in food processor or blender. With processor running, add remaining 1/4 cup oil in slow steady stream until evenly blended and pine nuts are finely chopped.
- Transfer basil mixture to small bowl. Stir in Parmesan and Romano cheeses.*
- Combine hot, buttered linguine and pesto sauce in large serving bowl; toss until well coated. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Check out more recipes for Italian