Makes 32 bars
|2||cups powdered sugar, sifted|
|1||cup flaked coconut|
|1/3||cup plus 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk|
|1/2||cup milk chocolate chips|
|1/2||cup semisweet chocolate chips|
|1||cup blanched whole almonds|
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil; lightly butter foil.
- Combine sugar, coconut, condensed milk and vanilla in medium bowl. Press into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- Melt both chips with shortening in heavy, small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly over coconut mixture in pan. Press almonds into chocolate in rows 1 inch apart. Score into 2X1-inch bars. Refrigerate until almost firm.
- Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
Check out more recipes for Cookies