Coconut Mother's Day Cake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Coconut Mother's Day Cake
Makes 1 (8-inch) cake (10 servings)
|1||package (about 18 ounces) white cake mix|
|1||can (about 13 ounces) light coconut milk|
|1||container (16 ounces) vanilla frosting|
|2||cups flaked coconut|
|Violet food coloring paste|
|Edible flowers (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 (8-inch) round cake pans; line with with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, coconut milk and egg whites in large bowl; beat at low speed of electric mixer 30 seconds. Beat 2 minutes at medium-low speed or until well blended.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpicks inserted into centers come out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Place 1 cake layer on cake board or serving platter; frost top with vanilla frosting. Top with remaining layer; frost side and top of cake with remaining frosting.
- Place coconut in large resealable food storage bag; add small amount of food coloring. Seal bag; knead until coconut is evenly tinted. Press coconut into frosting on side of cake. Garnish with edible flowers, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Cakes