Miss Colorado, Katie Lucille Layman, submitted this recipe for Grilled Chicken with Arugula with Black Olives and Tomatoes.
|4||boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil|
|1||lemon, cut in half|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|2||large, ripe tomatoes, cored and diced|
|1||bunch arugula, stemmed, and torn into small pieces|
|1/4||cup chopped red onion|
|1/2||cup pitted black olives|
- Place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of parchment or waxed paper and pound thin with a rolling pin.
- Put them in a shallow bowl; add enough olive oil to cover (1/2 to 3/4) cup), the juice of 1/2 lemon, and salt and pepper, and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Place a large grill pan on 2 burners over medium-high heat, or preheat an outdoor gas or charcoal grill.
- Stir together the tomatoes, arugula, onion, olives, 1/4 cup of olive oil, the juice of the remaining lemon half, and salt and pepper; set aside while you cook the chicken.
- Fold a few paper towels into a thick square. Blot some oil on the paper towels and then carefully and quickly wipe the ridges of the gill pan or the hot grates of the grill to make a nonstick surface.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the chicken on the hot grill and cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side until charred and firm.
- Transfer to plates and spoon the tomato mixture over. Serve hot.
Check out more recipes for Midwestern