Miss Connecticut, Sharalynn Kuziak, submitted this recipe for Eggplant Parmesan.
|2 to 3||cups flour|
|1||cup olive oil|
|1||cup grated parmesan cheese|
|3 to 4||cups of your favorite tomato sauce|
|1 1/2||cup mozzarella|
- Slice eggplants into very thin (1/8”) round discs.
- Lay out flat and sprinkle with salt.
- Blot excess liquid. Dip eggplant slices into beaten eggs then flour so eggplant is evenly coated.
- Fry in olive oil until lightly browned and tender.
- Spread 1 cup tomato sauce into a 13x9” baking pan.
- Layer eggplant into piles using 3 slices per pile.
- Place tomato sauce in between each slice with grated parmesan cheese.
- Top with sauce and grated cheese.
- . Bake at 350 until sauce bubbles.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella, and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Check out more recipes for Northeastern