Makes 12 cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|All-purpose flour (optional)|
|Prepared pudding, nondairy whipped topping, maraschino cherries, jelly beans, assorted sprinkles and small candies|
- Grease 12 (2-3/4-inch) muffin cups.
- Remove dough from wrapper according to package directions. Sprinkle dough with flour to minimize sticking, if necessary.
- Cut dough into 12 equal pieces; roll into balls. Place 1 ball in bottom of each muffin cup. Press dough halfway up sides of muffin cups, making indentation in centers.
- Freeze muffin cups 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cookies will be puffy. Remove from oven; gently press indentations with teaspoon.
- Return to oven 1 to 2 minutes. Cool cookies in muffin cups 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- Fill each cookie cup with desired fillings. Decorate as desired.
Add some pizzazz to your cookie cups by filling with a mixture of prepared fruit-flavored gelatin combined with prepared pudding or nondairy whipped topping. For convenience, snack-size gelatins and puddings can be found at the supermarket, so there is no need to make them from scratch.
Giant Cookie Cups Variation
Grease 10 (3-3/4-inch) muffin cups. Cut dough into 10 pieces; roll into balls. Complete recipe according to regular Cookie Cups directions. Makes 10 giant cookie cups.
Check out more recipes for Cookies