Cookie Pizza the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 10 to 12 pizza slices
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar or peanut butter cookie dough|
|All-purpose flour (optional)|
|6||ounces (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips|
|1||tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons shortening, divided|
|Gummy fruit, chocolate-covered peanuts, assorted roasted nuts, raisins, jelly beans and other assorted candies for toppings|
|1/4||cup white chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease 12-inch pizza pan. Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Press dough onto prepared pan, leaving about 3/4 inch between edge of dough and pan. Sprinkle dough with flour to minimize sticking, if necessary.
- Bake 14 to 23 minutes or until golden brown and set in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Run metal spatula between cookie and pan after 10 to 15 minutes to loosen.
- Combine semisweet chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening in microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Repeat process at 10- to 20-second intervals until melted and smooth. Spread melted chocolate mixture over crust to within 1 inch of edge. Decorate with desired toppings.
- Combine white chocolate chips and remaining 2 teaspoons shortening in another microwavable bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) 1 minute; stir. Repeat process at 10- to 20-second intervals until melted and smooth. Drizzle melted white chocolate over toppings to resemble melted mozzarella cheese.
Check out more recipes for Cookie Bars