Tuffy Stone of Cool Smoke shares his savory Corn Pudding recipe. Stone appears in 'BBQ Pitmasters' on TLC.
|4||Cup Onion (diced)|
|4||Cup Corn (cut off the cob)|
|1/2||Pound Butter (melted)|
|10||Cup Creamed Corn|
|5||oz. Corn Meal|
|2 1/2||Quart Milk|
|15||Whole Eggs (beaten)|
|7||Egg Yolks (beaten)|
|2||Cup Sour Cream|
|4||Tbsp. Kosher Salt|
|2||Tsp. Black Pepper (fresh ground)|
- Sauté onions and corn in oil for 5 minutes until soft.
- In stand mixer, combine sugar, flour and eggs. Mix until combined.
- Add creamed corn and sour cream to mixer and beat for one minute on speed 1.
- Add milk and cream to mixer and mix for another minute.
- Add salt, pepper, melted butter and corn/onion to mixer and mix for 30 seconds.
- Grease 5 (4 inch) quarter pans with butter and bake in water bath at 350° for 45 min, then turn pans and bake another 45 min. Bake on lower oven rack.
- When finished let cool completely uncovered then cover with plastic, label and refrigerate.
- Corn pudding should be scooped with gray 4oz. scoop.
- Corn pudding must be covered at all times. It dries out quickly and easily when not covered.
- Be sure that pudding has a soft but held together texture.
- Corn should retain a slight crunchiness within the pudding.
- Seasoning is very important, should be savory and salty with slight sweetness.
Check out more recipes for Vegetable Side Dish