Cornucopia Crunchers the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 16 cookies
|5||tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1/2||cup packed dark brown sugar|
|1/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/3||cup finely chopped dry roasted macadamia nuts|
|Candy corn or other Halloween candies|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheets. Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, flour, salt and vanilla. Stir in nuts.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Arrange 6 cookies per sheet, flattening to 2-inch discs. (Cookies will spread to about 6 inches and become very lacy while baking.)
- Bake 6 to 9 minutes or until caramel-colored and firm. Do not overbake.
- Cool 1 minute. Working quickly with spatula, ease 1 cookie at a time from cookie sheet. Keeping top of cookie on the outside, form into cornucopia shape by hand, or by partially wrapping around the handle of wooden spoon. Place cornucopia seam side down on plate to harden. Repeat with remaining cookies. Cookies will firm as they cool, so return them to oven for about 30 seconds to make them more pliable.
- To serve, arrange on tray. If desired, fill with candy or other treats. Cornucopias may also be used as place cards; insert name tags into each cookie.
For best results, use insulated light-not black-cookie sheets. Thoroughly cool cookie sheets between batches.
Check out more recipes for Fall and Thanksgiving