Cottage Fried Potatoes the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Cottage Fried Potatoes
Makes 4 to 6 servings
|3||to 4 russet potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), cut into wedges|
- Preheat oven to warm. Line 2 large baking sheets with paper towels; set aside.
- Pour oil into large deep skillet or wok to 1-inch depth. Attach deep-fry or candy thermometer to side of skillet, making sure bulb is submerged in oil but not touching bottom of skillet. Heat oil over high heat until thermometer registers 390°F.
- Carefully slide 8 to 10 potato wedges into skillet. (Do not crowd skillet or oil will lose too much heat.) Reduce heat to medium-high; cook about 4 minutes or until potatoes are deep golden brown and skins are crispy, turning gently to separate wedges so that they cook evenly.
- Carefully remove potatoes and arrange in single layer on baking sheet. Blot excess oil from potatoes. Place baking sheet in oven to keep potatoes warm.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 with remaining potatoes. Sprinkle potatoes with salt to taste. Serve hot.
Check out more recipes for Vegetable Side Dish