Couscous Chicken Salad
Makes 6 servings
|1/4||cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided|
|1||yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped|
|1||small zucchini, chopped|
|1||green onion, finely chopped|
|1||pound chicken tenders, cut into bite-size pieces|
|2||cans (about 14 ounces each) chicken broth|
|1||can (15-1/2 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained|
|1||large tomato, seeded and chopped|
|1/2||cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|1/3||cup lemon juice|
|1||teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/4||teaspoon garlic salt|
|3||dashes hot pepper sauce|
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over high heat. Add bell pepper, zucchini and onion; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet and set aside in large bowl.
- Add chicken and chicken broth to skillet. Bring broth to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium and simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from broth with slotted spoon. Place in bowl with vegetables; cool.
- Add couscous to broth. Remove skillet from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Cool.
- Combine chicken mixture, couscous, chickpeas, tomato and cilantro in large bowl.
- Whisk together lemon juice, remaining 1/4 cup oil, cumin, garlic salt and pepper sauce in small bowl. Pour over couscous mixture. Serve warm or chill 1 hour before serving.
Check out more recipes for Middle Eastern