Cranberry Cheese Crêpe
For a bold twist on this elegant dessert, fill each crepe with fat free vanilla frozen yogurt instead of the cheese mixture.
Makes 8 servings
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|3||tablespoons sugar, divided|
|1||cup fat-free (skim) milk|
|1||tablespoon margarine, melted|
|3/4||cup low-fat (1%) cottage cheese|
|4||ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened|
|Festive Cranberry Sauce|
|3||tablespoons toasted sliced almonds|
- Combine flour, 1 tablespoon sugar and salt in medium bowl; whisk in milk, egg, egg whites and margarine until smooth. Batter can be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 hour.
- Lightly grease 8-inch nonstick skillet. Heat over medium heat until hot. Remove from heat. Pour in scant 1/4 cup batter; roll from side to side to cover entire skillet surface. When edges of batter curl away from side of skillet, turn crêpe over; brown other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Place cottage cheese in food processor or blender; process until smooth. Add cream cheese, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla; process until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spoon about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture into center of each crêpe. Spoon about 2 tablespoons Festive Cranberry Sauce over cheese mixture. Roll crêpes up; place, seam sides down, on 15X10-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Place crêpes on serving plates. Spoon remaining sauce over tops; sprinkle with almonds. Garnish, if desired.
|Serving Size:||1 crêpe with about 3 tablespoons Festive Cranberry Sauce and 1 teaspoon almonds served over to|
|Calories from Fat||14 %|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Pastries & Crepes