Makes about 5 dozen cookies
|2/3||cup dried cranberries or dried cherries|
|1/2||cup granulated sugar|
|3||tablespoons water, divided|
|1||package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix with pudding in the mix|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1/4||teaspoon almond or vanilla extract|
|1/2||cup powdered sugar|
|1||to 2 teaspoons milk|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Combine dried cranberries, granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon water in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; let cranberries stand 10 minutes before draining.
- Blend cake mix, eggs, remaining 2 tablespoons water, oil and almond extract in large bowl until smooth. Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Top each cookie with several cranberries.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Top each cookie with another one or two cranberries after baking; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Blend powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon milk in small bowl until smooth. Add additional milk if necessary to reach pourable consistency. Drizzle glaze over cookies with tip of small spoon or fork.
Check out more recipes for Cookies