Crayon Cookies the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 20 cookies
|1||cup (2 sticks) butter, softened|
|1/2||cup powdered sugar|
|2-1/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|Assorted paste food colorings|
|1-1/2||cups chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Beat butter and vanilla in large bowl at high speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Add powdered sugar; beat at medium speed until blended. Combine flour and salt in small bowl. Gradually add to butter mixture until blended.
- Divide dough into 10 equal sections. Reserve 1 section; cover and refrigerate remaining 9 sections. Combine reserved section and desired food coloring in small bowl; blend well.
- Cut dough section in half. Roll each half into 5-inch log. Pinch one end to resemble crayon tip. Place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining 9 sections of dough and desired food colorings.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely on cookie sheets.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Decorate cookies with chocolate mixture to look like crayons.
Check out more recipes for Cookies