Creamy Chicken and Red Pepper Pasta the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Creamy Chicken and Red Pepper Pasta
Makes 4 main-dish servings
|3||tablespoons vegetable oil, divided|
|1/4||cup pine nuts or coarsely chopped walnuts|
|1-1/2||pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs|
|Salt and black pepper|
|1/4||cup butter or margarine|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|2||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1/2||cup chicken broth|
|1/2||cup prepared roasted red peppers, drained and sliced|
|1/4||cup sliced pitted black olives|
|1/3||cup grated Romano cheese|
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in small skillet over medium-low heat. Add pine nuts; cook and stir 30 to 45 seconds until light brown, shaking pan constantly. Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 12 to 15 minutes until browned on both sides and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from skillet. Cool slightly; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Rinse under warm running water; drain.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until golden. Stir in flour until smooth. Cook 1 minute. Gradually stir in half-and-half and chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; continue boiling 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened and reduced.
- Place fettuccine in large bowl. Add chicken, pine nuts, red peppers and olives. Toss gently to coat. Pour sauce over fettuccine; toss gently. Add cheese and salt and black pepper to taste; toss. Garnish as desired.
Check out more recipes for Pasta