Creamy Lemon Cake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Creamy Lemon Cake
Makes 8 servings
|2||cups cake flour|
|2||teaspoons baking powder|
|2/3||cup (1-1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened|
|1||cup granulated sugar|
|4||large egg whites, at room temperature|
|3/4||cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature|
|1||teaspoon pure vanilla|
|1-1/4||cups heavy whipping cream|
|1/2||cup powdered sugar|
|1-1/2||teaspoons grated lemon peel|
|3/4||cup prepared lemon curd|
|Sugared rose petals for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 8-inch round cake pans. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together in bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until creamy and light in color. Gradually beat in egg whites. Increase mixer speed to high for 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk. Beat in vanilla; beat 1 minute longer until blended. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centesr comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- To prepare frosting, whip cream until thickened. Add powdered sugar and lemon peel; beat until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To assemble cake, spread lemon curd evenly between 2 cake layers. Frost top and sides with frosting. Refrigerate until frosting is set. Garnish cake with sugared rose petals before serving.
|Serving Size:||1 slice cake (1/8 of total recipe)|
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Calories from Fat||46 %|
Check out more recipes for Cakes