Creamy Orange Frosting the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
This recipe is part of the recipe for Velvety Coconut and Spice Cake
|1||(3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened|
|2||cups powdered sugar|
|Few drops orange extract|
|1||cup granulated sugar|
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until fluffy. Blend in orange extract.
- If necessary, add milk, 1 teaspoonful at a time, for a thinner consistency.
- Candied Orange Rose
- Combine sugar and water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, thinly peel orange with sharp knife, leaving as much membrane on orange as possible.
- Carefully roll up peel, starting at one short end; secure with toothpick.
- Place on slotted spoon; add to hot sugar syrup.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until orange rind turns translucent. Remove from syrup; place on waxed paper-covered cookie sheet to cool. Remove toothpick.
Check out more recipes for Frosting & Icing