Creamy Strawberry-Banana Tart
Makes 10 servings
|1||package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries, thawed|
|2||tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed and divided|
|1||envelope unflavored gelatin|
|3||egg whites, beaten|
|1||package (3 ounces) soft ladyfingers, split|
|1/2||container (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat nondairy whipped topping, thawed|
|1||medium banana, quartered lengthwise and sliced|
|1||teaspoon multi-colored decorator sprinkles (optional)|
- Place thawed strawberries and 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate in blender container or food processor bowl. Blend or process until smooth.
- Stir together sugar and gelatin in medium saucepan. Stir in strawberry mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, until boiling.
- Stir about half of mixture into beaten egg whites. Return all to saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat about 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. (Do not boil.)
- Pour into bowl. Refrigerate 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until mixture mounds when spooned, stirring occasionally.
- Cut half of ladyfingers in half horizontally. Place around edge of 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Place remaining ladyfingers into bottom of pan, cutting to fit.
- Stir together remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate and water. Drizzle over ladyfingers.
- Fold thawed dessert topping and banana into strawberry mixture. Spoon into ladyfinger crust. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with multi-colored sprinkles, if desired. Cut into 10 wedges to serve.
|Serving Size:||1 tart wedge|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||19 %|
Check out more recipes for Pies & Tarts