Creepy Cookie Cauldrons
Makes 3 dozen cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate cookie dough*|
|All-purpose flour (optional)|
|1||package (14 ounces) caramels|
|1||cup crisp rice cereal|
|1/4||cup mini candy-coated chocolate pieces|
|Black licorice whips and small gummy insects, frogs or lizards|
*If refrigerated chocolate cookie dough is unavailable, add 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder to refrigerated sugar cookie dough. Beat in large bowl until well blended.
- Grease 36 (1-3/4-inch) mini muffin cups. Remove dough from wrapper according to package directions. Sprinkle dough with flour to minimize sticking, if necessary.
- Cut dough into 36 equal pieces; roll into balls. Place 1 ball in bottom of each muffin cup. Press dough on bottoms and up sides of muffin cups; chill 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Cookies will be puffy.) Remove from oven; gently press down center of each cookie. Return to oven 1 minute. Cool cookies in muffin cups 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Melt caramels and milk in small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Stir in cereal. Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon caramel mixture into each cookie cup. Immediately sprinkle with mini chocolate pieces.
- Cut licorice whips into 4-1/2-inch lengths. For each cookie, make small slit in side; insert end of licorice strip. Repeat on other side of cookie to make cauldron handle. Decorate with gummy creatures as desired.
Check out more recipes for Halloween