Makes 6 servings
|1||cup uncooked dried red kidney beans|
|1||cup uncooked white rice|
|2||green bell peppers, diced|
|1||can (14-1/2 ounces) original-style stewed tomatoes, undrained|
|1-3/4||cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1||cup chopped onion|
|2||stalks celery, diced|
|1||tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon Creole seasoning|
|1/8||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/8||teaspoon ground cloves|
|1/8||teaspoon ground red pepper|
|1/2||pound turkey andouille sausage, sliced|
- Rinse beans thoroughly in colander under cold running water. Place in medium saucepan; cover with 4 inches water. Bring to a boil over high heat; boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 1 hour. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients except sausage in Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat; add sausage and beans.
- Cover Dutch oven tightly with foil. Bake 1-1/2 hours or until beans are tender. Remove from oven; discard bay leaves. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, divide rice evenly among 4 serving dishes; top with bean mixture. Garnish, if desired.
|Serving Size:||1/6 of bean mixture with 1/3 cup cooked rice (without garnish)|
|Calories from Fat||13 %|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Southern