Creole Red Beans and Rice
Makes 6 servings
|1||cup uncooked dried red kidney beans|
|2||green bell peppers, diced|
|1||can (14-1/2 ounces) original-style stewed tomatoes, undrained|
|1-3/4||cups chicken broth|
|1||cup chopped onion|
|2||stalks celery, diced|
|1||tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon Creole seasoning|
|1/8||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/8||teaspoon ground cloves|
|1/8||teaspoon ground red pepper|
|1/2||pound andouille sausage, sliced|
|1||cup uncooked white rice|
- Rinse beans thoroughly in colander under cold running water. Place in medium saucepan; cover with 4 inches water. Bring to a boil over high heat; boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 1 hour. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients except sausage and rice in Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat; add sausage and beans.
- Cover Dutch oven tightly with foil. Bake 1-1/2 hours or until beans are tender. Remove from oven; discard bay leaves. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions.
- To serve, divide rice evenly among 4 serving dishes; top with bean mixture. Garnish, if desired.
|Calories from Fat||12 %|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Southern