Crunch Peach Cobbler the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Crunch Peach Cobbler
Makes about 6 servings
|1/3||cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided|
|1||can (29 ounces) or 2 cans (16 ounces each) cling peach slices in syrup, drained and 3/4 cup syrup reserved|
|2||cups all-purpose flour, divided|
|1/2||cup packed light brown sugar|
|1/3||cup uncooked old-fashioned or quick oats|
|1/4||cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|4||to 5 tablespoons cold water|
|Whipped cream for garnish|
- Combine 1/3 cup granulated sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan. Slowly add reserved 3/4 cup peach syrup. Stir well. Add vanilla. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Set aside.
- For crumb topping, combine 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, oats, butter and cinnamon in small bowl; stir until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine remaining 1-1/2 cups flour, remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and salt in small bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture forms pea-sized pieces. Sprinkle water, 1 tablespoon at a time, over flour mixture. Toss lightly with fork until mixture holds together. Press together to form ball.
- Roll dough into 10-inch square, 1/8 inch thick. Fold dough in half, then in half again. Carefully place folded dough in center of 8-inch square baking dish. Unfold and press onto bottom and about 1 inch up sides of dish. Arrange peaches over crust. Pour reserved peach sauce over peaches. Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping.
- Bake 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.
Check out more recipes for Cobblers & Crisps