Cuban Chicken with Pineapple
Makes 6 servings
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/4||teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed|
|Juice and grated peel of 1 lime|
|6||boneless skinless chicken breast halves|
|1||tablespoon olive oil, divided|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|2||jalapeño peppers,* seeded and chopped|
|2||cups chopped, seeded, peeled ripe tomatoes|
|1||cup reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|2||cups fresh pineapple chunks|
*Jalapeño peppers can sting and irritate the skin, so wear rubber gloves when handling peppers and do not touch your eyes.
- Combine salt, black pepper, oregano and lime peel in small bowl. Drizzle lime juice over chicken; sprinkle with seasoning mixture.
- Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cover and cook about 10 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned on both sides. Transfer chicken to shallow baking dish with cover; arrange in single layer.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons oil in skillet. Add onion, garlic and jalapeños; cover and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, raisins and bay leaf; cook 5 minutes.
- Pour onion mixture over chicken in baking dish. Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine pineapple and rum in small saucepan; cook over medium-high heat until most of liquid is evaporated. Uncover and spoon mixture over chicken; bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more. Garnish, if desired.
|Calories from Fat||20 %|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Island