Currant Cheesecake Bars the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Currant Cheesecake Bars
Makes about 32 bars
|1/2||cup (1 stick) butter, softened|
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2||cup packed light brown sugar|
|1/2||cup finely chopped pecans|
|1||package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened|
|1/4||cup granulated sugar|
|2||teaspoons grated lemon peel|
|1/3||cup currant jelly or seedless raspberry jam|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan. Beat butter in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add flour, brown sugar and pecans; beat at low speed until well blended. Press mixture into bottom and partially up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until light brown. If sides of crust have slumped down, press back up and reshape with spoon. Let cool 5 minutes on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add granulated sugar, egg, milk and lemon peel; beat until well blended.
- Heat jelly in small saucepan over low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over crust. Drizzle jelly in 7 to 8 horizontal strips across filling with spoon. Swirl jelly through filling with knife to create marbled effect.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely on wire rack before cutting into bars. Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
|Serving Size:||1 bar|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Calories from Fat||60 %|
Check out more recipes for Cookie Bars