Curried Chicken, Vegetables and Couscous Skillet
Prep and Cook Time 19 minutes
Makes 4 servings
|1||package (16 ounces) frozen vegetable medley, such as broccoli, carrots and cauliflower or bell pepper and onion strips|
|1||pound chicken tenders|
|2||teaspoons curry powder, divided|
|3/4||teaspoon garlic salt|
|1/8||teaspoon ground red pepper|
|4-1/2||teaspoons vegetable oil|
|1||can (about 14 ounces) chicken broth|
|1||cup uncooked couscous|
- Thaw vegetables according to package directions.
- While vegetables are thawing, place chicken in medium bowl. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon curry powder, garlic salt and ground red pepper; toss to coat.
- Heat oil in large deep skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken mixture, spreading in one layer. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, turning occasionally.
- Transfer chicken to plate; set aside. Add broth and remaining 1 teaspoon curry powder to skillet; bring to a boil over high heat, scraping up browned bits on bottom of skillet.
- Stir thawed vegetables into skillet; return to a boil. Stir in couscous; top with chicken. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
For a special touch, add a dollop of plain yogurt to each serving.
|Total Fat||9 g|
Check out more recipes for Middle Eastern