Curried Crab and Dumplings
From forum user: trini_girl1
|8 large crabs, cleaned|
|3 cups water|
|2 cups coconut milk|
|6 cloves garlic, sliced|
|2 tablespoons ginger|
|2 tablespoons fresh thyme|
|2 tablespoons fresh oregano|
|1/4 teaspoon curry powder|
|2 stalks celery, diced|
|4 tablespoons parsley, chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce|
|Juice of 3 limes|
|Salt to taste|
|2 cups flour|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 tablespoon butter|
- Mix together dumpling ingredients with enough water to make a stiff dough.
- Knead it on a floured board for 2 minutes, then transfer to a greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Leave to stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Shape the dumplings into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, then press them flat with the palm of your hand.
- Add to boiling water until cooked through.
- Cut crabs into pieces and wash with lime juice. Season with minced celery, parsley, ginger, oregano, garlic and thyme.
- Mix together curry, salt, water and pepper to make a paste. Add the paste to hot oil and cook until mixture thickens. Add crabs and coconut milk.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 25 minutes. Serve with dumplings.
Check out more recipes for Shellfish