Curried Shrimp with Coconut Ginger Rice
Makes 4 servings
|Coconut Ginger Rice|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1||pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||cup finely chopped fresh pineapple or 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained|
|2||tablespoons packed brown sugar|
|1||tablespoon fish sauce|
|2||teaspoons curry powder|
|1/4||teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|3||green onions, thinly sliced|
|Chives for garnish|
|1/4||cup toasted coconut|
|1/4||cup chopped roasted peanuts, salted or unsalted|
|1/4||cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|1/4||cup diced red bell pepper|
- Prepare Coconut Ginger Rice.
- Meanwhile, heat wok or large skillet over high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat surface. Add shrimp and garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes, until all shrimp turn pink and opaque. Transfer to bowl with slotted spoon.
- Add pineapple, brown sugar, fish sauce, curry powder and red pepper flakes to wok; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp mixture and green onions; cook 1 minute or until shrimp are heated through.
- Mound Coconut Ginger Rice on serving platter. Pour shrimp and sauce over rice; garnish, if desired. Serve toasted coconut, peanuts, cilantro and red bell pepper in small bowls to sprinkle on individual servings.
Check out more recipes for Thai