Dark Chocolate Dreams
Makes 10 to 12 (5-inch) cookies
|16||ounces bittersweet chocolate candy bars or bittersweet chocolate chips|
|1/4||cup (1/2 stick) butter|
|1/2||cup all-purpose flour|
|3/4||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2||teaspoon baking powder|
|1||package (12 ounces) white chocolate chips|
|1||cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Coarsely chop chocolate bars; place in large microwavable bowl. Add butter. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes; stir. Microwave 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, or until chocolate is melted. Let cool slightly.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in small bowl; set aside.
- Beat sugar, eggs and vanilla with electric mixer at medium-high speed about 6 minutes or until very thick and mixture turns pale color. Reduce speed to low; slowly beat in chocolate mixture until well blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended. Fold in white chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop dough by level 1/3 cupfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, spacing 3 inches apart. Place piece of plastic wrap over dough; flatten dough with fingertips to form 4-inch circles. Remove plastic wrap.
- Bake 12 minutes or until just firm to the touch and surface begins to crack. Do not overbake. Cool cookies 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Cookies can be baked on ungreased cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Cool cookies 2 minutes on cookie sheets; slide parchment paper and cookies onto countertop. Cool completely.
Check out more recipes for Chocolate