Dark Chocolate Lava Cakes the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Dark Chocolate Lava Cake
Makes 14 cakes
|1-1/2||cups cold milk|
|1||package (4-serving size) instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix|
|1||package (about 18 ounces) dark chocolate cake mix|
|1/4||cup vegetable oil|
|1||tablespoon butter, melted|
|1/4||cup granulated sugar|
|Sifted powdered sugar|
- Combine milk and pudding mix in medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Place plastic wrap on surface of pudding; refrigerate.
- Combine cake mix, buttermilk, whole eggs, egg yolks, oil and water in large bowl; stir by hand until almost smooth (a few lumps will remain). Do not use electric mixer. Cover and refrigerate batter 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush melted butter inside 14 (5-ounce) ramekins. Sprinkle evenly with granulated sugar.
- Place 2 tablespoons batter into each prepared ramekin. Bake 10 to 12 minutes (batter will not cook through completely). Remove ramekins from oven; place 1 heaping tablespoon pudding in center of each ramekin and cover with 2 tablespoons batter.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes until wooden pick inserted in top layer of cakes comes out clean. Remove from oven to wire racks; cool 7 to 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto serving plates. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Check out more recipes for Cakes