Double Chocolate Chip Snack Cake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Double Chocolate Chip Snack Cake
Makes 8 to 10 servings
|1||package (18-1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix with pudding in the mix, divided|
|1/4||cup vegetable oil|
|1||cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided|
|1/4||cup packed brown sugar|
|2||tablespoons butter, melted|
|3/4||cup white chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch round cake pan. Reserve 3/4 cup cake mix; set aside.
- Pour remaining cake mix into large bowl. Add eggs, water, oil and cinnamon; beat with electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes. Remove 1/2 cup batter; reserve for another use.* Spread remaining batter in prepared pan; sprinkle with 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips.
- Combine reserved cake mix and brown sugar in medium bowl. Stir in butter and remaining 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips; mix well. Sprinkle mixture over batter in pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Place white chocolate chips in resealable food storage bag; seal bag. Microwave on HIGH 10 seconds and knead bag gently. Repeat until chips are melted. Cut off 1/4 inch from corner of bag with scissors; drizzle chocolate over cake. Let glaze set before cutting cake into wedges.
Check out more recipes for Cakes