Double Chocolate-Creme Fudge and Sour Cream Fudge
Makes about 4 pounds
|1||can (12 ounces) evaporated milk|
|2||cups (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips|
|1||cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips|
|1||jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme|
|1/4||cup butter or margarine|
|2-1/2||to 3 cups chopped pecans, divided|
- Butter 13X9-inch pan; set aside. Lightly butter side of heavy, large saucepan.
- Combine evaporated milk, both chips, marshmallow creme, butter, sugar and salt in prepared saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Wash down side of pan with pastry brush frequently dipped in hot water to remove sugar crystals.
- Add candy thermometer. Stir mixture occasionally. Continue to cook until mixture reaches the soft-ball stage (238°F).
- Pour into large heat-proof mixer bowl. Cool to lukewarm (about 110°F).
- Add vanilla and beat with heavy-duty electric mixer until thick. Beat in 1 cup of the chopped pecans when candy starts to lose its gloss. Immediately spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining chopped pecans over fudge; gently press into fudge. Score fudge into squares with knife. Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.
Check out more recipes for Candy