Double Chocolate Sandwich Cookies the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Double Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Makes 16 sandwich cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|1||bar (3-1/2 to 4 ounces) bittersweet chocolate, chopped|
|3/4||cup milk chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove dough from wrapper, keeping in log shape.
- Cut dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Cut centers out of half the cookies using 1/2-inch round cookie cutter.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- Place bittersweet chocolate and butter in small heavy saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted. Spread chocolate over flat sides of cookies without holes. Immediately top each with cutout cookie.
- Place milk chocolate chips in resealable food storage bag; seal bag. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 1-1/2 minutes. Turn bag over; microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes more or until melted. Knead bag until chocolate is smooth.
- Cut tiny corner off bag; drizzle chocolate decoratively over sandwich cookies. Let stand until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Check out more recipes for Cookies