Double Chocolate Spider Web Cheesecake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Double Chocolate Spider Web Cheesecake
Makes 10 to 12 servings
|1||package (9 ounces) chocolate wafer cookies|
|6||tablespoons butter, melted|
|4||ounces bittersweet chocolate, divided|
|6||ounces white chocolate, divided|
|4||packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened|
|2||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|2||tablespoons whipping cream|
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Process cookies in food processor until fine crumbs are formed. Add butter; process just until blended. Press crumb mixture evenly over bottom and 1-1/2 inches up side of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Place 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate in small microwavable bowl; microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted, stirring once. Set aside. In separate bowl, melt 3 ounces white chocolate as directed above. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl of electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended. Beat in flour, vanilla and salt just until blended.
- Transfer 3 cups cream cheese mixture to medium bowl; stir in melted white chocolate. Stir melted bittersweet chocolate into remaining cream cheese mixture in mixing bowl. Pour bittersweet chocolate mixture into prepared crust. Bake 50 minutes or until center is soft and edge is set. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes. Carefully spread white chocolate mixture. Return to oven; bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is just set. Cool on wire rack.
- Place remaining 3 ounces white chocolate and whipping cream in small microwavable bowl; microwave at MEDIUM 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted, stirring once or twice. Frost top of cheesecake with melted white chocolate mixture.
- Place remaining 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate in small plastic food storage bag. Microwave at MEDIUM 40 seconds to 1 minute or until chocolate is melted, turning once. Knead bag until chocolate is smooth. Cut a tiny corner off one end of bag. Drizzle chocolate in four or five concentric circles on top of cheesecake. Draw 8 to 10 lines from center to edge of cheesecake with toothpick or knife at regular intervals to form a "web" design. Cool cake completely. Cover; chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
Check out more recipes for Cheesecakes