Try this great recipe from the football fans and players on TLC's Kick Off Cook Off.
See more recipes from TLC's KICK OFF COOK OFF, a new cooking competition that slams together America's two favorite pastimes: football and cooking!
|1||pound super fresh Dungeness crab, squeezed of all excess liquid|
|1/2||cup best foods mayonnaise|
|2||tablespoons chopped green onion|
|1||lemon juiced and zested|
|1||cup panko bread crumbs|
|1/2||cup canola oil|
- In a small mixing bowl combine the first 5 ingredients and mix gently.
- Place the panko in a small bowl or dish.
- Form 8 two-ounce crab cakes and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a 10 inch frying pan on high heat. Add the oil and turn down the heat a notch.
- Take a few panko crumbs and toss into pan to test the oil. If the crumbs turn brown real fast, wait for the oil to cool a little.
- Once the oil is cool enough add the cakes, do not shake the pan. Cook the crab cakes for about one minute and add the butter. The cakes will be ready to turn when a golden crust starts to form on the bottom of the cakes. Turn and cook the crab cakes for another minute.
- Remove from pan and place on a plate with a paper towel.
- Serve with red and gold tomato salad.
Check out more recipes for Seafood