Easy Seafood Stir-Fry
Dried black mushrooms must be soaked before using. They add a unique flavor to dishes.
Makes 4 servings
|1||package (1 ounce) dried black Chinese mushrooms*|
|1/2||cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1||tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|2||tablespoons dry sherry|
|1||teaspoon vegetable oil, divided|
|1/2||pound bay scallops or halved sea scallops|
|1/4||pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|6||ounces (2 cups) fresh snow peas, cut diagonally into halves|
|2||cups hot cooked white rice|
|1/4||cup thinly sliced green onions|
*Or substitute 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms. Omit step 1.
- Place mushrooms in small bowl; cover with warm water. Soak 20 minutes to soften. Drain; squeeze out excess water. Discard stems; slice caps.
- Blend broth, sherry and soy sauce into cornstarch in another small bowl until smooth.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in wok or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add scallops, shrimp and garlic; stir-fry 3 minutes or until seafood is opaque. Remove and reserve.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil to wok. Add mushrooms and snow peas; stir-fry 3 minutes or until snow peas are crisp-tender.
- Stir broth mixture and add to wok. Heat 2 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Return seafood and any accumulated juices to wok; heat through. Serve over rice. Top with onions.
|Serving Size:||1/4 of stir-fry mixture with 1/2 cup cooked rice|
|Calories from Fat||9 %|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Chinese