Egg & Sausage Casserole the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Egg & Sausage Casserole
Makes 6 servings
|1/2||pound pork sausage|
|3||tablespoons margarine or butter, divided|
|2||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|2||cups frozen hash brown potatoes|
|4||eggs, hard-boiled and sliced|
|1/2||cup cornflake crumbs|
|1/4||cup sliced green onions|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart oval baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crumble sausage into large skillet; brown over medium-high heat, stirring to separate meat. Drain sausage on paper towels. Discard fat. Wipe skillet with paper towel.
- Melt 2 tablespoons margarine in same skillet over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir until thickened. Add sausage, potatoes and eggs; stir until blended. Spoon into prepared dish.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon margarine. Combine cornflake crumbs and melted margarine in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle onions over top.
|Total Fat||23 g|
Check out more recipes for Casseroles & Dishes