Eggnog Fudge the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
What's Christmas without Christmas cookies? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
Makes 36 pieces
|3/4||cup prepared eggnog|
|2||tablespoons light corn syrup|
|2||tablespoons butter or margarine|
- Butter 8X8-inch pan. Lightly butter inside of heavy, medium saucepan.
- Combine eggnog, corn syrup, butter and sugar in prepared saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Wash down sides of pan with pastry brush frequently dipped in hot water to remove sugar crystals.
- Attach candy thermometer to side of pan, making sure bulb is submerged in sugar mixture but not touching bottom of pan. Continue to cook until mixture reaches 238°F (soft-ball stage).
- Pour into large heatproof bowl. Cool to lukewarm (about 110°F).
- Add vanilla; beat with heavy-duty electric mixer until thick. Spread in prepared pan. Score fudge into 36 squares with knife. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Wrap in plastic wrap and top with bows as shown in photo.
Check out more recipes for Christmas