Enlightened Macaroni and Cheese
This twist on an all-time American favorite is guaranteed to make your family smile, and it's low in fat too!
Makes 6 (1-cup) servings
|8||ounces uncooked wagon wheel, bow tie or elbow pasta|
|1||tablespoon all-purpose flour|
|1/4||teaspoon dry mustard|
|1||can (12 ounces) evaporated skimmed milk|
|1||cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese|
|1/2||cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese|
|1||jar (2 ounces) diced pimiento, drained and rinsed|
|1||teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||tablespoon dry bread crumbs|
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain and set aside.
- Combine flour, cornstarch and mustard in medium saucepan; stir in milk until smooth. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheeses, pimiento, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Add pasta; mix well.
- Spray 1-1/2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon mixture into casserole; sprinkle with bread crumbs and paprika.
- Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
|Calories from Fat||19 %|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Check out more recipes for Pasta