Makes 2 dozen bars
|1||teaspoon sugar substitute*|
|1||cup plain fat-free yogurt|
|1/3||cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided|
|1/4||cup canola oil|
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|2||teaspoons baking powder|
|1||cup crushed bran cereal|
|1-1/4||teaspoon ground allspice|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1/2||cup chopped walnuts|
*This recipe was tested with aspartame-based sugar subsitute.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place dried fruits in glass dish with water. Place in microwave and heat on LOW for 20 seconds. Remove, add aspartame and cool. Spry 12X9X2-inch nonstick baking pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Whisk together yogurt, egg whites, 1/3 cup brown sugar and oil in bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together salt, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cereal and spices.
- Add fruit with water to yogurt mixture; stir. Add flour mixture; stir, scraping sides of bowl. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Mix walnuts with 2 tablespoons brown sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven; cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
|Serving Size:||1 bar|
|Calories from Fat||33 %|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Snacks