Enlightened Tuna Noodle Casserole the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 4 servings
|4||ounces uncooked elbow macaroni|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|3/4||cup chopped onion|
|1/2||cup thinly sliced celery|
|1/2||cup chopped red bell pepper|
|2||tablespoons whole wheat flour|
|1||teaspoon dried thyme|
|1/8||teaspoon white pepper|
|1-1/2||cups heated fat-free reduced-sodium vegetable broth|
|2||pouches (3 ounces each) albacore tuna|
|1/2||cup fat-free cottage cheese|
|1||teaspoon ground paprika|
|Fresh dill sprigs (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8X8X2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions until just tender; drain and set aside.
- Place oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add celery and bell pepper; cook and stir 3 minutes. Sprinkle flour, thyme and pepper over vegetables; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in hot broth; cook and stir until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add macaroni, tuna and cottage cheese to skillet; stir until macaroni is coated. Scrape tuna mixture into prepared dish; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes or until hot. Garnish with 4 dill sprigs.
|Serving Size:||1/4 of casserole|
|Calories from Fat||17 %|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Fish