Fajitas with Avocado Salsa
Makes 4 servings
|1||beef flank steak (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds)|
|1/4||cup tequila or nonalcoholic beer|
|3||tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|1||tablespoon seeded and minced jalapeño pepper*|
|2||large cloves garlic, minced|
|8||(6- or 7-inch) flour tortillas|
|1||large red bell pepper, cut lenghtwise into 4 strips|
|1||large green bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 4 strips|
|4||slices red onion, cut 1/4 inch thick|
*Jalapeño peppers can sting and irritate the skin, so wear rubber gloves when handling peppers and do not touch your eyes.
- Place steak in large resealable food storage bag. Combine tequila, lime juice, jalapeño and garlic in small bowl; pour over steak. Seal bag tightly; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 1 to 4 hours, turning once.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Meanwhile, prepare Avocado Salsa. Wrap tortillas in heavy-duty foil.
- Remove steak from bag; discard marinade. Place steak, bell peppers and onion slices on grid over medium heat. Grill, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium or until desired doneness. Turn steak, bell peppers and onion slices halfway through grilling time. Place tortilla packet on grid during last 5 to 7 minutes of grilling; turn halfway through grilling time to heat through.
- Transfer steak to carving board. Carve steak across the grain into thin slices. Slice bell peppers into thin strips. Separate onion slices into rings. Divide among tortillas; roll up and top with Avocado Salsa.
Check out more recipes for Mexican