Red bell pepper and broccoli are a nutritious duo that combine in this frittata to provide half the Recommended Dietary Allowance of vitamin A and more than twice the RDA of vitamin C.
Makes 4 servings
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|1||medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips|
|1/2||cup chopped onion|
|1||cup broccoli florets, blanched and drained|
|1||cup quartered cooked unpeeled red new potatoes|
|1||cup cholesterol-free egg substitute|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh parsley|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2||cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese|
- Spray large nonstick ovenproof skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add broccoli and potatoes; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Whisk together egg substitute, egg whites, parsley, salt and black pepper in medium bowl.
- Spread vegetables in even layer in skillet. Pour egg white mixture over vegetables; cover and cook over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Top frittata with cheese. Broil 4 inches from heat 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Cut into 4 wedges to serve. Garnish as desired.
|Serving Size:||1 frittata wedge|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||12 %|
Check out more recipes for Casseroles & Dishes